Friday, December 11, 2009

Week update!

Here's the training progress so far:


Tuesday: Team swim.
I can feel myself getting a bit more elongated in the water, so progress is being made! I immediately sped up after hearing one of my coaches remark on how I had improved. Amazing how a bit of positive reinforcement can affect training.

Wednesday: Cycling class.
These one hour cycling classes have really helped me find my limit with sprints and hills. I had never really been much of a cyclist, but it's fun.

Thursday: 8m run.
I needed this run! I miss my daily running schedule. My running partner's out of town until Sunday, so I've been less motivated to do runs alone (and without music! My mentor told me to drop the iPod since we can't use it on race day) which has killed some of my training.

Friday: 4m run this evening.

-
On a side note, I've noticed how easy it is to get absorbed in over-thinking and lose all ability to complete something. As a teammate told me last week: "It's all in your head"- whether it's about over-planning/thinking a project, making excuses to procrastinate for those last few minutes, or mentally agonizing to the point of paralysis.

Sometimes the best fuel is taking the first step.

Picture from Ubergizmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment