Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First update!

New post! I'll be updating this on a daily basis post-training session.

Last night's swim was rough.

I realized I need to focus on proper form much more than speed. Monday's cycling class/weight lifting/Bikram Yoga class finally let me burned off that extra anxiety that's been plaguing me for the past month. I've had to stop running long distances because the coaches want us to base train, but went on a short run this morning with a new training partner to work out some mental snags. I know things will ramp up quickly within the next couple of months, so I need to let go and trust our coaches!

Chin down, arms stretched, quick breaths, less kicking.

Swimming feels great after the first few hundred yards: life just seems to float away in a consistent rhythm of breathing and stretching.

1 comment:

  1. Not saying you don't know how to swim, but this might be of interest to you regardless... two links:

    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2008/08/13/total-immersion-how-i-learned-to-swim-effortlessly-in-10-days-and-you-can-too/

    http://triswimcoachonline.com/tri/?p=284

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete