Monday, December 21, 2009

General update!

(at the Ironteam viewing party)

Thursday:
Running track intervals + swim sets

Running intervals as hard as you can and then getting into the pool to do a full set of laps workout is kind of silly. No wonder the Ironman goes from swimming -> biking -> running! Can you imagine the amount of people who would drown?

Friday:
Rest!

Awesome. My body definitely needed some time to refuel.

Saturday:
Cycling drills with the team!

We learned how to 1) change a tire 2) use a C02 pump 3) take the rear tire off. Our coaches and teammates are awesome! It's great to be training with people who know what they're doing and are great teachers, too. I'm starting to get to know more people on our team (there's around 60 or so of us, though!) and as the training gets more intense, I can definitely feel why there's such a bond between those who have previously completed an Ironman with the same team.

You really do become a family.

On Saturday afternoon we headed to a fundraiser in Pasadena and watched the previous Ironteam finish their race, Vineman. I was so excited to watch people cross that finish line! The coaches weren't lying- the entire team completed the race! Go team :)

Sunday:
9m run.
Best. Run. In. Months.

I'm not sure what it was: sleep, eating habits, or maybe the training's just kicking back in after being sedimentary for two months, but this Sunday's run was fantastic! I finally started getting back into my old running grove! I can't wait until I'm back up to running 40-50m a week.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Such is the case with an ironman (or so I've been told : ) One bite at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha nomnomnom! Though I'm partial to petting elephants rather than eating them :D

    ReplyDelete