Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

(oooo pretty.)
Tues: Team swim.
Weds: Cycling!

I didn't know you could pass people in the pool! I thought there was some sort of "swimmers etiquette," but the girls in my lane told me to go right ahead... so I ended up lapping everyone in my lane twice!

Biggest swimming weakness: counting laps.

I'll either stop too early or do an extra lap, which pisses everyone in my lane off because I was leading. Oops. I finally got in the habit of speaking the distance every 50 on the last 400, but that was after one of my teammates told me off twice. I learned, though!

Over-thinking during a swim = completely detrimental to potential progress. Must remember that. I lose balance and even my breathing rhythm when I think about something too hard. Crazy how that's just like biking or running! There's a life lesson there, I'm sure of it :)

I've taken two showers AND washed my hands, yet my knuckles still smell like chlorine.

No comments:

Post a Comment